Thursday 5 April 2012

Wedding favor idea- home-made affordable paper hearts

Do you remember making folded paper hearts in high school to pass notes around to your friends? 


I know a lot of brides like little extras, especially if they are cheap to do and personal. I thought the other day about these paper hearts I used to know how to fold and went Googling, I found many tutorials on how to fold these cute paper hearts and got to work. Check out this great blog I found on how to fold paper hearts.


How to use these paper hearts in your wedding or event

  • Choose what colour and style you want. What is your theme? Would you like to do a coloured heart to match your centrepiece flowers? or Will you use a patterned paper, maybe one with a vintage print or other pattern that fits with your theme. I used newspaper which I glued to the back of my paper.
  • Print a quote, saying or poem on the reverse side of the paper. Maybe you would like to leave a note to say 'thanks for joining us on our special day' or a copy of a reading you had in your ceremony. Maybe a joke or funny fact about the two of you. If each guest at the table has a different quote etc they can share amoungst themselves and it can be a great icebreaker.  I printed 4 to an A4 page. This makes a nice small heart but you can do any size you like.  
  • Place on each guests plate, against their glass or in their favor bag/box depending on when you would like them to open them, perhaps not till they get home and open their favor bag.
  • It's also a good tip to have a few 'moles' in the crowd. A select few that know your plan and can encourage people to open up their hearts by opening theirs. Your guests may think they are just decorative and not open them at all!
I hope you enjoyed this idea. Happy planning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!